This class provides an overview of female reproductive anatomy, hormones, health and common questions relating to conceiving. Nested teachers will review issues related to diet, approved medications, high risk medical conditions, exercise and environmental factors effecting fertility. We will also review common infertility issues and the next steps to optimize conception. This is a perfect class for those that to learn in a casual environment where questions are encouraged during this important step in parenthood.
Newborn Care and CPR Boot Camp
Nested’s Newborn Care Boot Camp is an all-day comprehensive class that will prepare you for the moment your baby is born, including normal newborn appearance and procedures after delivery and in the nursery. From collection of cord blood, delayed cord clamping and assignment of Apgar scores, you will learn it all! We take you on a journey from the day of discharge through your newborn’s first year of life.
The 3 areas of emphasis in our class are:
1) health of baby, 2) health of mom and partner, and 3) a healthy transition to a new family.
- Review the common newborn signs of illness and when you should call your pediatrician.
- Learn the ins and outs of newborn sleep, feeding, swaddling and diapering.
- Each couple will have the opportunity to work one-on-one with instructors to ask questions and practice swaddling, soothing techniques, bathing, and changing diapers.
- Parents will learn infant CPR and know how to resuscitate a choking baby using specialized CPR dolls.
- Parents will practice on life-like dolls and have your techniques checked by instructors.
- Soothing newborn techniques are reviewed- more uniquely we have also included the addition of infant massage techniques.
- Mom and partner will receive personalized tips from physical therapists including: how to avoid and treat lower back issues, breastfeeding ergonomics, and pain reduction techniques for carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Parents will leave with coping strategies and feel stronger and more balanced especially, going back to work, setting boundaries, and how to achieve work/life balance.
- Couples will feel prepared to set boundaries and communicate effectively with their family, in-laws, and friends.
- For the experienced parent, the class will also provide advice on how to successfully transition older siblings.
- Introduction to the new baby and pets may also be a challenge. This class reviews how to ease that transition with useful tips.
Ultimately, parents will be armed with a toolkit to strengthen the physical and emotional health of the entire family. Be prepared for virtually any newborn care situation at hand.
This class is designed for new and experienced parents (biological and adoptive parents), friends, caregivers, nannies, and grandparents.
Childbirth Education Class (3 Hours)
This class is aimed at educating clients on what they can expect at the hospital. The class will cover the process of labor and delivery, options for pain management, what interventions may occur and an overview of inductions, vaginal births and c-sections. In addition to information about the hospital, Nested aims to provide expecting parents with an adjunct education to Reiter Hill Johnson and Nevin in regards to signs of labor, stages of labor and resources for parents to learn about their pregnancy and delivery concerns. This is an interactive class that is engaging and empowers clients with practical skill set and education. This is a one-time 3 hours class that is focused on healthy mom, baby and a new family.
Childbirth Education Boot Camp (All Day)
Nested’s Childbirth Education Boot Camp is an all-day comprehensive class that will prepare you for your journey through labor, delivery, and the postpartum period!
- Review common third trimester issues and what to expect at your 36 week visit
- Learn the signs of labor and when to call your obstetrician
- See what the hospital process will look like and what to expect from your healthcare team
- Discuss options for pain management and potential interventions during the labor process
- Let our teachers walk you through the “typical” childbirth scenario but also prepare for the unexpected, including inductions, assisted vaginal births and c-sections.
- Experienced labor doulas demonstrate specialized comfort techniques for mom and partner to practice and help with pregnancy and labor pain
- Our teachers and doulas will walk through how to use breathing techniques to alleviate labor pain
This boot camp includes hands-on massage techniques for partners to help during the pregnancy and delivery. Breathing techniques and comfort exercises, taught by experienced doulas, will help with making the birthing process easier.
At Nested we know the importance of optimizing the physical and mental health of both parents during pregnancy and the postpartum period. With coping strategies, empowerment, education on diet and exercise and community resources, parents will leave feeling prepared for the doctor’s office, the delivery room and the trip back home.
Receive a personalized certificate of completion and a special gift for your baby at the end of class!
We are partnering with the Breastfeeding Center of Washington to offer a superior breastfeeding educational experience. The Breastfeeding Center is a non-profit organization that’s mission is to empower women in their breastfeeding journey. Two classes are offered on our calendar and in collaboration with the Breastfeeding center.
This class teaches the basic anatomy and physiology involved in breast milk production and breastfeeding. Mothers will also learn what to expect during the first days after birth, as well as what to do if things do not go as planned. Class will discuss what preparation and supplies are helpful. Think of this as Part I of our must-take prenatal classes.
This class is intended for expectant parents or as a refresher for experienced parents. We recommend taking this class 8 weeks before your due date. The instructor is one of our experienced IBCLCs.
This is a free class; please register in advance as these classes can fill up quickly! Private classes are also available in our office, your office, or your home.
Breastfeeding for Fathers and Partners:
This much loved class reviews the basics of breastfeeding and discusses how to support the breastfeeding mother. Questions are encouraged! No breastfeeding (or soon-to-be breastfeeding) mothers allowed!
This class is intended for fathers, partners and other support persons of the breastfeeding mother. This is an instructor led class where discussion and questions are invited. The instructor is one of our experienced IBCLCs.
This is a free class; please register in advance as these classes can fill up quickly!