- This class has passed.
Comprehensive Babysitting w/CPR certification class @ HQ 9-20-2022 at 6:30p-8:30p
September 20 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$175.00
While every family and situation is unique, there are some universal life-saving skills and techniques that every babysitter should know how to do. Nested offers this Comprehensive Babysitting class with American Red Cross Pediatric & Adult CPR/Choking Prevention/First Aid/AED certification in a blended learning class format to help you provide the care that families need. It consists of a self-paced, interactive online session to be taken in the convenience of your home, followed by an in-person, hands-on skills training and discussion session with one of Nested’s certified American Red Cross instructors.
This course is ideal for childcare professionals (e.g., nannies, au pairs, and babysitters) as well as parents, grandparents, and siblings to help prepare you to recognize and respond to a variety of breathing and cardiac emergencies involving children and babies.
NOTE: ALL breathing portions of CPR practice are conducted outside due to ongoing health & safety precautions — depending upon class size and weather permitting
4-HOUR TIME COMMITMENT: American Red Cross online learning portion is 1-2 hours (done at your own pace at home), followed by a 2-hour in-person class for review and hands-on practice. NOTE: The online portion must be completed PRIOR to being eligible to attend the hands-on, in-person portion of the class.
- The online session must be successfully completed at least 2-3 days PRIOR to attend the in-person class. Please allow 2 hours for the online portion. NOTE: you’ll receive access to online portion approximately 10 days in advance of the in-person class.
- During the 2-hour in-person portion of the course, the instructor will show how to resuscitate using CPR and an automated external defibrillator (AED) on specialized, non-responsive infant and adult CPR dolls as well as choking prevention strategies. Attendees will be able to practice techniques on the dolls and must demonstrate each technique successful in order to obtain certification.
In order to obtain a course completion certification card, students must successfully complete the course, which includes both the online portion as well as the in-person first aid skills demonstration, a CPR and AED skills test. Upon completion, students receive an American Red Cross CPR Certification, which is valid for 2 years. This course satisfies OSHA-mandated job requirements, workplace or other regulatory requirements.
Overview of Class:
- Identifying the babysitting skills & certifications you want to learn, and how to determine your babysitter fees
- Learning how to speak with potential families about rules and expectations of your babysitting availability, including consent forms, fees, etc.
- Conducting a self-assessment to determine your skill set, the number of kids and type of duties you’d be comfortable with providing
- Learning how to safely advertise yourself
- Meeting the expectations of the family
- Caring for kids from feeding to bedtime, including ideas about activities to play with children
- Learning what is an emergency and how to handle it
- Working through difficult babysitting scenarios
Included Tools and Resources
- Resume template
- Suggestions on how to negotiate your rate
- Family interview form
- Family consent form
Should you choose to not complete or are unable to complete the online portion of the class, you may still attend the “hands on” in-person portion of the class to learn and practice techniques WITHOUT receiving certification.
Refunds are not available for this class.
Registration for this class closes approximately 2 weeks prior to the class date. This is provide time for the client data to be processed into the American Red Cross system, which will then auto-send the account creation & log-in details to the clients to provide plenty of time to take & successfully pass the online portion of the class.
Please note that upon registration and payment for this course, you will receive a payment confirmation registration email, and an email with instructions how to access the American Red Cross portion of the interactive online CPR session. You will also receive a reminder email a few days prior to the hands-on portion of the class with logistics & location details. Be sure to check your junk/spam folder for emails from: info@ & admin@ nestedbaby.com.
To REGISTER for the class, refer below to the Tickets section, select 1 ticket, and click “Get Tickets”. Note: 1 ticket allows for 1 person to take & attend this class.