- This class has passed.
Newborn Care and Infant CPR Boot Camp with (online blended) CPR certification @ Falls Church, VA 5/7/2023 at 1p-5p
May 7 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$295.00
Nested’s Newborn Care and Infant CPR Boot Camp is a comprehensive class that will prepare you for the moment your baby is born through the first few anxiety-provoking months. We take you on a journey from the day of discharge through your newborn’s first few months at home.
Our emphasis is setting your family up for a smooth transition, promoting a healthy baby, parents and supporting community. In this class we will:
- Review normal newborn appearance and hospital discharge logistics
- Learn signs of newborn illness (e.g., jaundice, thrush, colic, cradle cap) and when to call your pediatrician
- Demonstrate swaddling, holding positions, soothing techniques, bathing and changing diapers
- Discussion nutrition, formula vs. breastfeeding and breastfeeding tips
- Learn choking prevention tactics & infant CPR and demonstrate how to resuscitate a specialized CPR non-responsive dolls
- Learn & practice tips, tricks and techniques for Prenatal Wellness: Pelvic Floor Health, Ergonomics & Exercises from a physical therapist and have access to physical therapy videos to address proper ergonomics to prevent musculoskeletal injury new parents face
- Discuss the new challenges of a growing family in terms of boundaries with work and family
Ultimately, clients will be armed with a toolkit to strengthen the physical and emotional health of the entire family. This is a perfect class for biological, adoptive or foster parents, friends, caregivers, nannies and grandparents.
As of FEBRUARY 2023, this class includes the BLENDED (In-Person & Online) American Red Cross Pediatric CPR/Choking Prevention/First Aid/AED Certification Course! It consists of a self-paced, interactive online session to be taken in the convenience of your home, followed by an in-person, hands-on skills training session with one of Nested’s certified American Red Cross instructors. TheAmerican Red Cross online learning portion is 1-2 hours (done at your own pace at home), followed by this in-person class that along with the other course content, will include time for CPR review and hands-on practice.
- The online session must be successfully completed at least 3 days PRIOR to attending the in-person class. Please allow 2 hours for the online portion.
- During the in-person portion of the class, the instructor will show how to resuscitate using CPR and an automated external defibrillator (AED) on specialized, non-responsive infant CPR dolls as well as choking prevention strategies. Attendees will be able to practice techniques on the dolls and must demonstrate each technique successful in order to obtain the 2-year certification. NOTE: ALL breathing portions of CPR practice are conducted outside due to ongoing health & safety precautions — depending upon class size and weather permitting
- In order to obtain a course completion certification card, students must successfully complete the course, which includes both the online portion as well as the in-person first aid skills demonstration, a CPR and AED skills test. Upon completion, students receive an American Red Cross CPR Certification, which is valid for 2 years. This course satisfies OSHA-mandated job requirements, workplace or other regulatory requirements.
Should you choose to not complete or are unable to complete the online portion of the class, you MAY still attend the “hands on” in-person portion of the class to learn & practice techniques. However, you will NOT receive the 2-year certification.
Please note that upon registration and payment for this course, you will receive 2 emails: a payment confirmation registration email AND an email with instructions how to access the American Red Cross portion of the interactive online CPR session (access will be sent to EACH registered attendee approx. 7-10 days prior to the in-person class). You will also receive a reminder email a few days prior to the in-person class with logistics & location details. Be sure to check your junk/spam folder for emails from: info@ & admin@ nestedbaby.com.
To REGISTER for the class, refer below to the Tickets section, select 1 ticket, and click “Get Tickets”. Note: 1 ticket allows for 2 people to attend the class — contact information is REQUIRED for BOTH attendees in order to receive access to the American Red Cross portion.