- This class has passed.
Newborn Care & CPR Boot Camp @ Falls Church, VA 3/6/2022 at 1p-5p
March 6 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$285.00
Nested’s Newborn Care and Infant CPR Boot Camp is a comprehensive class that will prepare you for the moment your baby is born through the first few anxiety-provoking months. We take you on a journey from the day of discharge through your newborn’s first few months at home.
Our emphasis is setting your family up for a smooth transition, promoting a healthy baby, parents and supporting community. In this class we will:
- Review normal newborn appearance and hospital discharge logistics
- Learn signs of newborn illness (e.g., jaundice, thrush, colic, cradle cap) and when to call your pediatrician
- Demonstrate swaddling, holding positions, soothing techniques, bathing and changing diapers
- Discussion nutrition, formula vs. breastfeeding and breastfeeding tips
- Learn choking prevention tactics & infant CPR and demonstrate how to resuscitate a specialized CPR non-responsive dolls
- Learn & practice tips, tricks and techniques for Prenatal Wellness: Pelvic Floor Health, Ergonomics & Exercises from a physical therapist and have access to physical therapy videos to address proper ergonomics to prevent musculoskeletal injury new parents face
- Discuss the new challenges of a growing family in terms of boundaries with work and family
Ultimately, clients will be armed with a toolkit to strengthen the physical and emotional health of the entire family. This is a perfect class for biological, adoptive or foster parents, friends, caregivers, nannies and grandparents.
To REGISTER for the class, refer below to the Tickets section, select 1 ticket, and click “Get Tickets”. Note: 1 ticket allows for 2 people to attend the class.