PROJECT NIDO 2018
The Nested Team specifically focused on important public health issues that affect women and children. In addition to acute medical care, we also aim to educate on important topics like dental hygiene, water consumption, education about female anatomy and family planning.
- Funds for portable EKG machine (donated by our June and July 2017 classes.
- Clipboards (20)– This little item has made a big difference to the FIBUSPAM team when they were seeing patients. Clinicians were able to keep track of patients, record vital information and track patient flow during make-shift clinics. Thankfully, all of the information, prescriptions and follow up care was facilitated by the April 2017 class donation of clipboards.
- OB/GYN Handheld Books (10)– Pocket sized books were sent oversees to general medicine Ecuadorian doctors to become more familiar with routine obstetrical and gynelogical health concerns. Thank you Family Cord for your assistance in this donation at the May, 2017!
- Urine Analysis Sticks (200). Using mobile medical devices such as urine analysis sticks would greatly improve the accuracy of diagnosis and treatment of women in need. Simple mobile urine analysis sticks allow for providers to easily diagnose and treat urinary tract infections while serving patients in remote areas that lack the access to medical care. Thank you to Reiter Hill Johnson and Nevin for your assistance in this donation.
- Pregnancy test (100)- With the scarcity of pregnancy tests in Ecuador, many women do not know if they are pregnant and crucial medical care is delayed- this including prenatal care and surgeries. With these simple urine pregnancy tests medical professionals can provide prenatal vitamins and a referral for prenatal care at nearby hospitals. Thank you Reiter Hill Johnson and Nevin for helping us procure this donation.
- Albuterol inhalers and Albuterol nebulizer machine. In Ecuador many people suffer from uncontrolled asthma and respiratory issues due to high levels of pollution and exposure to volcanic ash. Simple interventions like the use of a nebulizer or albuterol inhalers can change or save a life.
- With the help of a client of our childbirth education class we secured an enormous dental equipment donation that was shipped over to the Fibuspam Clinic in the Chimborazo Province in Ecuador. This tremendous donation will equip the Fibuspam dentists with the ability to open a new mobile dental clinic when they travel to obscure villages to help those in need.