- Review the common newborn signs of illness and when you should call your pediatrician.
- Learn the ins and outs of newborn sleep, feeding, swaddling and diapering.
- Each couple will have the opportunity to work one-on-one with instructors to ask questions and practice swaddling, soothing techniques, bathing, and changing diapers.
- Parents will learn infant CPR and know how to resuscitate a choking baby using specialized CPR dolls.
- Practicing the skills on life-like dolls and have your techniques checked by instructors.
- Soothing newborn techniques are reviewed- more uniquely we have also included the addition of infant massage techniques.
- Mom and partner will receive personalized tips from physical therapists including: how to avoid and treat lower back issues, breastfeeding ergonomics, and pain reduction techniques for carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Parents will leave with coping strategies and feel stronger and more balanced especially, going back to work, setting boundaries, and how to achieve work/life balance.
- Couples will feel prepared to set boundaries and communicate effectively with their family, in-laws, and friends.
- For the experienced parent, the class will also provide advice on how to successfully transition older siblings.
- Introduction to the new baby and pets may also be a challenge. This class reviews how to ease that transition with useful tips.
Ultimately, parents will be armed with a toolkit to strengthen the physical and emotional health of the entire family. Be prepared for virtually any newborn care situation at hand.
This class is designed for new and experienced parents, friends, caregivers, nannies, and grandparents.