Comprehensive Babysitting w/CPR certification class @ DCJCC 3-3-2024 at 3-5pm
March 3 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm$180.00
While every family and situation are unique, there are some universal life-saving skills and techniques that every babysitter should know how to do.
Nested offers this American Red Cross Comprehensive Babysitting class with Pediatric & Adult CPR/Choking Prevention/First Aid/AED certification in a blended learning class format to help you provide the care that families need. It consists of a self-paced, interactive online session to be taken in the convenience of your home, followed by an in-person, hands-on skills training and discussion session with one of Nested’s certified American Red Cross instructors.
AUDIENCE: 7th graders and above — This course is ideal for teens and young adults (for 7th graders and above) to help prepare them to recognize and respond to a variety of breathing and cardiac emergencies involving babies, children and adults. In addition to learning life saving techniques, clients will learn the business side of babysitting, including determining fees, marketing, interviewing families and more.
NOTE: ALL breathing portions of CPR practice are conducted outside due to ongoing health & safety precautions — depending upon class size and weather permitting
- The online session must be successfully completed at least 2-3 days PRIOR to attend the in-person class. Please allow 2 hours for the online portion. NOTE: you’ll receive access to online portion approximately 7-10 days in advance of the in-person class.
- During the 2-hour in-person portion of the course, the instructor will show how to resuscitate using CPR and an automated external defibrillator (AED) on specialized, non-responsive infant and adult CPR dolls as well as choking prevention strategies. Attendees will be able to practice techniques on the dolls and must demonstrate each technique successful in order to obtain 2-year certification.
Overview of Class:
- Learning how to speak with potential families about rules and expectations of your babysitting availability, including consent forms, fees, etc.
- Conducting a self-assessment to determine your skill set, the number of kids and type of duties you’d be comfortable with providing
- Learning how to safely advertise yourself
- Caring for kids from feeding to bedtime, including ideas about activities to play with children
- Learning what is an emergency and how to handle it
- Working through difficult babysitting scenarios
Included Tools and Resources:Initial Babysitting Inquiry Questionnaire, Basic Childcare Questionnaire, Safety Inspection Checklist Family Info & Contact Emergency Form, Household Rules & Safety Info Form and a Resume Template
Refunds are not available for this class.
Registration for this class closes approximately 2 weeks prior to the class date. This is provide time for the client data to be processed into the American Red Cross system, which will then auto-send the account creation & log-in details to the clients to provide plenty of time to take & successfully pass the online portion of the class.
Please note that upon registration and payment for this course, you will receive a payment confirmation registration email, and an email with instructions how to access the American Red Cross portion of the interactive online CPR session. You will also receive a reminder email a few days prior to the hands-on portion of the class with logistics & location details. Be sure to check your junk/spam folder for emails from: info@ & admin@ nestedbaby.com.
To REGISTER for the class, refer below to the Tickets section, select 1 ticket, and click “Get Tickets”. Note: 1 ticket allows for 1 person to take & attend this class.