Newborn Care and CPR Boot Camp
Nested’s Newborn Care Boot Camp is a comprehensive class that will prepare you for the moment your baby is born through the first few anxiety-provoking months. We take you on a journey from the day of discharge through your newborn’s first few months at home.
Our emphasis is setting your family up for a smooth transition, promoting a healthy baby, parents and supporting community.
- Review normal newborn appearance and hospital discharge logistics
- Learn signs of newborn illness and when to call your pediatrician
- Our clinical instructors will demonstrate swaddling, soothing techniques, bathing and changing diapers
- Parents will learn choking prevention tactics and infant CPR and demonstrate how to resuscitate a specialized CPR non responsive dolls
- Clients will have access to physical therapy videos to address proper ergonomics to prevent musculoskeletal injury new parents face
- This class also incorporates the new challenges of a growing family in terms of boundaries with work and family
Ultimately, clients will be armed with a toolkit to strengthen the physical and emotional health of the entire family. This is a perfect class for biological, adoptive or foster parents, friends, caregivers, nannies and grandparents.
Childbirth Education Boot Camp
Nested’s Childbirth Education Boot Camp is a comprehensive class that will prepare you for your journey through labor, delivery, and the postpartum period!
- Review common third trimester issues and what to expect at your 36-week visit
- Learn about the signs of labor and when to call your obstetrician
- The clinical educators will walk you through each stage of labor and what can help alleviate and relax the mom
- See what the hospital process will look like and what to expect from your healthcare team
- Discuss options for pain management and potential interventions during the labor process
- Let our clinical instructors walk you through the “typical” childbirth scenario but also prepare for the unexpected, including inductions, assisted vaginal births and c-sections.
- Experienced labor doulas demonstrate specialized comfort techniques to help with labor pain
At Nested we know the importance of optimizing the physical and mental health of both parents during pregnancy and the postpartum period. With coping strategies, empowerment, education on diet and exercise and community resources, parents will leave feeling prepared for the doctor’s office, the delivery room and the trip back home.
We are partnering with the Breastfeeding Center of Washington to offer a superior breastfeeding educational experience. The Breastfeeding Center is a non-profit organization that’s mission is to empower women in their breastfeeding journey. Two classes are offered on our calendar and in collaboration with the Breastfeeding center.